My picks underlined:
- Avalanche/Sharks: Umm, no comment.
- Predators/Blackhawks: The Blackhawks are a really good team and sure, they don't have the best goalie, but you don't need a fantastic goalie to win a series (or win the Cup--see Chris Osgood). You just need someone who's good enough and isn't going to just drool stupidly when the playoffs start. Pekka Rinne hasn't really shown the potential to be a 2003 Giguere or 2006 Cam Ward and the Hawks are better than the Preds by a large enough margin that the Preds won't be able to make up that difference without the insane goalie.
- Kings/Canucks: The Kings just weren't that great coming down the stretch. I've been umm, watching a lot of their games since the Olympic break. *coughs* I'll enjoy watching them in the playoffs, though.
- Red Wings/Coyotes: I give the Wings the edge here not because of how good they were at the end of the season, but because they have tons of playoff experience and Phoenix, not so much. I will enjoy watching the Coyotes too. I think Keith Yandle has the potential to become a real break out performer in this series. He's one of the few defensemen I really, really like.
- Canadiens/Capitals: My only question in this one is whether the Caps will sweep or not.
- Flyers/Devils: To be honest, I haven't watched enough of the east this season to make an informed decision. But the season series is 4-2 in favour of the Flyers, they have balanced scoring, and gosh darn it, I just love Brian Boucher. :)
- Bruins/Sabres: Ryan Miller is fantastic, and from what I hear, Boston has been kinda' goal challenged this season. Meanwhile, I've just never been sold on Tim Thomas and that's who they're starting in goal?
- Senators/Penguins: This is a 4-5 match up, but it would seem like a huge upset if the Pens lose. This will be an interesting series with the two teams having played each other twice already in recent history. I don't know. I feel like the expectation that the Pens will win might be enough for them to win.
Generally I do better on picks when there's lots of upsets, but I only picked two upsets and one of them is pretty iffy. This is really just for my future reference anyway. :)