- I can bend my arms back more than 180 degrees at the elbows. I didn't think this was weird until one day Chip noticed it and started shrieking stop doing that!!!
- When I eat, I assemble each mouthful with equal portions of everything, e.g. meat + potatoes + veggies. This becomes a problem sometimes when there are a lot of side dishes and I stuff everything in my mouth and then it gets too full to chew.
- I really, really hate when I get recognised by people I don't meet in social situations, but encounter because I go to the same eatery for lunch pretty often or whatever and they start talking to me. I intentionally walk on the other side of the street from my office, and cross only when I'm directly opposite the building entrance so I can avoid the parking valets who see me every day and say hi. I treasure my anonymity.
- I'm terrified of hairdressers. They're always mean to me. :(
- I fall asleep sleeping on my left side, because if I fall asleep lying on my right side, there's a chance I'll get nightmares.
- I'm allergic to broccoli. It makes me light-headed.
- I love watching weird niche sports like platform diving, billiards/snooker and indoor volleyball.
- I can get really obsessed with computer games. Once I played Quake for something like 14 hours straight. :P
- The sound of a sharpie on cardboard drives me nuts.
- Dogs and cats love me. One of my friends has a dog that's very unfriendly and skittish around strangers, barking at them if they approach. But when it saw me for the first time, it let me pet it, and then sat at my feet all through dinner. Cats like me too, but they make me nervous because they're very uncaring of people and often scratch, so I will very gingerly pet them, thinking "go away, go away, go away".
- I can open doors with my feet and program VCRs with my toes.
- I enjoy researching computer hardware and reading reviews and system guides and planning what parts I'm going to buy for my new system... but then I decide I don't really need a new computer and don't buy anything for a few months. :P
I tag tersa, bkm5191, frala and robi0688.
Does anyone watch I Shouldn't Be Alive? It's this show on the Discovery Channel about people who get stuck out in the wilderness in horrible conditions. In one of the episodes, a couple of guys got hit by three avalanches. Anyway, it's really harrowing what these people go through. I can't watch it at night because I get all tense and my palms start sweating and stuff. :P
My favourite new show of the season is Heroes, by far, but there are a couple of other shows that I didn't expect I would like as much as I do. I'm really enjoying Men In Trees and Brothers and Sisters, like, they're both just very warm and comfortable shows with so much lurve.
I'm irritated with the current House storyline. I thought last season's storyline with that rich guy who made a big donation to the hospital and kept wanting to get rid of House was bad enough. The show is good as it is, with the interesting cases, and the interesting relationships between all the characters. This is the problem with procedurals that decide they're going to add more storylines. The episode of CSI with Greg facing the inquest sucked (that storyline anyway). And that he's going to have to deal with a civil suit too. It's about as appealing as cancer.